This node is currently part of KNIME Labs. It is not yet advised to use it in production. Please consider the following prerequisites and limitations before employing it:
- Python 2 is not supported.
- Additional packages, namely py4j and pyarrow , are required to be installed in your Python 3 environment in specific versions. We recommend to create a new Conda environment that contains these packages via File → Preferences → KNIME → Python.
- Columnar Backend should be enabled for best performance.
- Extension data types such as images from KNIME Image Processing or molecules from RDKit Nodes for KNIME are not supported yet.
- The scripting API is under active development and may be subject to breaking changes in future releases until this node has been promoted from KNIME Labs.
The node allows executing a Python script in a local Python 3 environment. The environment has to be configured under File → Preferences → KNIME → Python or via flow variable, as described in the KNIME Python Integration Guide .
Multiple input and output ports of various types can dynamically be added to the node and used in the script. See sections Ports and Editor below for a description of all available inputs and outputs, and how they can be accessed in the Python script.
Furthermore, the node allows to import Jupyter notebooks as Python modules via the knime_jupyter module that can be imported in the script.