This node submits URL(s) to Google PageSpeed Insights service to pull PageSpeed scores and other metrics provided by PageSpeed.
You will need a Google Account to obtain a Google PageSpeed Insight API key. To acquire an API key:
- Go to Google Developers Console
- Select a project, or create a new one.
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs and auth . Next, click APIs . Select the Enabled APIs link in the API section to see a list of all your enabled APIs. Make sure that the PageSpeed Insights API is on the list of enabled APIs. If you have not enabled it, select the API from the list of APIs, then select the Enable API button for the API.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials .
- Click Add credentials and select API key .
- Click Server key .
- Specify a name for the key and click Create
- An API key should be shown.
Google imposes a quota limit on PageSpeed Insights API usage. The current limit (as of September, 2015) is 25,000 requests / day and 1 requests / second. The default pause is 1 second between sending requests to Google to avoid exceeding quota.